BAM 2019 OPEN WATER SWIMS
at the Boulder Reservoir
BAM Hosts Bi-Weekly Open Water Swims at the Boulder Reservoir Throughout the Summer
These Events are Casual, and Open to Everyone
These Swims are Perfect for Open Water Enthusiasts, Triathletes and Swimmers of all Abilities
You must be 18 years or older to participate
SCHEDULE: Every Tuesday & Thursday* starting Thursday May 23rd through August 29th
From 6:10 to 7:40 am - No swim on July 4th and August 6th.
LOCATION: Located at the Boulder Reservoir
COURSES: This year we will utilize two different courses (see maps below)
- The "Traditional Course" of approx. 1000 meters with a shorter option available
- The "Right Angle Course" of approx. 950 meters
- The "Half Course" approx. 700 meters
Courses will be defined by large orange/yellow buoys
Lifeguards are positioned throughout the courses to assist swimmers
Shore course available for tentative swimmers (approximately 300 yards)
NOTE: The course distance/location might change mid summer mandated by the City
of Boulder. We will make that information public as soon as all the details
PRICE: Drop-in fee: $15 (cash or check only)
Punch Pass: $60 for 5 swims (NOT transferable)
Summer Pass: $270 early bird (before May 20th)- $300 thereafter
*The Drop-in, Punch and Summer Pass include the entry fee into the Reservoir
BEGINNER SESSIONS -
1.5 hour long - Start Time 6:15 am- $15/person (in addition to drop in fee)
Beginner sessions will be lead by experienced coaches and swimmers who will offer open water
swim tips on land along with escorted and instructional swims around the half or full BAM course.
Additional Guards & Swim Buddies will be a part of the escorted swims.
Must RSVP no later than three days before the session date email@example.com
DATES: To Be Announced
CHECK IN PROCEDURES - PLEASE READ!
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LIST AN EMERGENCY CONTACT NAME AND PHONE NUMBER AND YOUR LICENCE PLATE. PLEASE COME PREPARED WITH THIS INFORMATION
- You must CHECK-IN at the registration table prior to entering the water
- You must fill out all the questions on the waiver Click here to dowload
- You must wear the green wristband that will be handed to you
- You must CHECK-OUT with the registration personel upon exiting the water
- You must return your wristband to the registration table at the end of the swim
- Only after you have completed these steps can you dress, talk to other fellow swimmers or take off for a run/bike ride
We cannot re-iterate how important it is for everyone involved in these swims to follow the rules 100%. When we ask that you remember to check in and out, we mean it.... even if you are in a rush, even if you are cold, hungry and tired, even if you swim every session and we know you by name and joke with you every day, you still must take the time to check out and make sure we have recorded the information on the attendance sheet. Shouting your name as you walk by is not enough for check out. The survival of our program is riding on your responsibility to follow these instructions. Please help us keep the BAM open water swims alive!
TRADITIONAL COURSE RIGHT ANGLE COURSE