BAM 2019 OPEN WATER SWIMS
at the Boulder Reservoir
BAM Hosts Bi-Weekly Open Water Swims at the Boulder Reservoir Throughout the Summer
These Events are Casual, and Open to Everyone
These Swims are Perfect for Open Water Enthusiasts, Triathletes and Swimmers of all Abilities
You must be 18 years or older to participate
SCHEDULE: Every Tuesday & Thursday* starting Tuesday May 28th through August 29th
From 6:10 to 7:40 am - No swim on August 6th.
LOCATION: Located at the beach area of the Boulder Reservoir
Park in the southeast corner of the large parking lot
COURSES: There are three different distances (see maps below)
- Green Course 820 meters
- Blue Course 640 meters
- Black Course 225 meters
Courses will be defined by large orange/yellow buoys
Lifeguards are positioned throughout the courses to assist swimmers
PRICE: Drop-in fee: $15 (cash or check only)
Punch Pass: $60 for 5 swims (NOT transferable)
Summer Pass: $270 early bird (before May 20th)- $300 thereafter
*The Drop-in, Punch and Summer Pass include the entry fee into the Reservoir
CHECK IN PROCEDURES FOR OPEN WATER SWIMS - PLEASE READ!
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LIST AN EMERGENCY CONTACT NAME AND PHONE NUMBER AND YOUR LICENCE PLATE. PLEASE COME PREPARED WITH THIS INFORMATION
- At the BAM registration table prior to entering the water
First time swimmers - Fill out all the questions on the waiver Click here to dowload and hand it to the registrar
Returning swimmers - Give your name to the registrar and make sure they check you in on the attendance list.
- Wear the green wristband that will be handed to you
- Announce your name to the registration personel upon exiting the water and make sure they check your name off on the attendance sheet (This is YOUR responsibility)
- Return your wristband to the registrar at the end of the swim
- Have your cell phone turned on, within arms reach until 8:00 am so that we can reach you if needed
- Only after you have completed these steps can you dress, talk to other fellow swimmers or take off for a run or bike ride
We cannot re-iterate how important it is for everyone involved in these swims to follow the rules 100%. When we ask that you remember to check in and out, we mean it.... even if you are in a rush, even if you are cold, hungry and tired, even if you swim every session and we know you by name and joke with you every day, you still must take the time to check out and make sure we have recorded the information on the attendance sheet. Shouting your name as you walk by is not enough for check out. The survival of our program is riding on your responsibility to follow these instructions. Please help us keep the BAM open water swims alive!
NEW COURSE MAP
Green Course - 820 meters
Blue Course - 640 meters
Black Course - 225 meters
- Be aware that at the start and finish area swimmers will be going in opposite direction
- Swimmers doing the 640 meter course will be merging into swimmers doing the 840 meter course?
- Be aware at the first buoy, some swimmers will be entering the course while other swimmers will be starting another lap
FEEDBACK NEEDED FOR BAM OPEN WATER SWIMS
For those of you who have swum in the Dream Cove location and are now swimming in the new location we need your feedback, especially regarding safety and sighting.
If you would like to provide your comments regarding the BAM Reservoir swims, please direct them to Alison Rhodes, Deputy Director of the Boulder Parks and Recreation Department at email@example.com and copy Jane Scott, BAM President at firstname.lastname@example.org